MARC headquarters, 600 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64105
I've been trying to explain to people just how important this meeting is,
and it's not that easy. But let me try:
* MoDOT roads and policies are the biggest single impediment to better,
safer bicycling and walking in Missouri.
* That's because MoDOT roads--lots of them--go right through our cities,
and when they do they are usually the worst places for bicycling and
* This meeting is with a group trying to build public support for future
MoDOT funding--because MoDOT funding is about to be slashed by 60%.
* How can we support future MoDOT funding unless MoDOT is going to use
that funding to provide for safe bicycling and walking, where needed, on
(and across) their roads?
* We need PEOPLE--lot of them--to ask for that.
* And that's why we need YOU to come to this meeting Tuesday, May 19th,
* It should only last 60 minutes and we'll have refreshments. If you
can't make it just at 5:30 it's fine to come when you can.
Missouri Transportation Alliance public meeting about future MoDOT
Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 5:30-6:30pm CDT
1st floor, Broadway Room
Mid-America Regional Council
600 Broadway, Suite 200
Kansas City, MO 64105
Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can plan refreshments etc.-
firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-695-6736
If you can't attend, please spend 5 minutes leaving a comment about the
More about the Missouri Transportation Alliance: