Come join the Cow Town Cycling Team and the Ladydudes on June 10th, 2018 as we present The Meltdown Mountain Bike Challenge.
The WYCO trail system is known locally as "Singletrack Heaven". Home to some of the best designed and maintained trails in the Midwest and it is easy to see why the 25+ miles (and growing) trails out at Wyandotte County Lake have earned that name.
The Meltdown races will feature events for all ages and abilities including junior classes starting as young as 10 all the way up to 60+ Masters classes and 50+ Female classes. Never participated in a mountain bike race? We have a class for you - Cat 3 (Beginner). Long distance is your thing? We have a class for you - 3 hour Marathon.
Registration is easy - Visit: USA Cycling - Meltdown MTB
Remember this event is protected by the Event Cancellation Refund Protection Program. What does this mean? If we cancel the event due to rain (muddy trails) you get a refund. Now you have no excuses not to sign up.
You must have a USA Cycling license or purchase a one-day license $10.00. (Note: USA Cycling is currently has a rebate program where $5.00 from each one-day license will be paid to the hosting club. All rebated funds will be donated to the Urban Trails Co for use at Wyco) You will have to create an account if you do not already have one with USA Cycling. This is very easy to do. The one-day license will be added automatically when you "checkout" if you do not already have a license.
Schedule for Sunday, June 10th, 2018:
- 7:30 AM Registration and Pack pickup
- 8:00 AM Course opens for warmups
- 8:30 AM Registration closes for 9 AM starts
- 8:50 AM Riders meeting for 9 AM start
- 9:00 AM Start: Marathon, Cat 3 Males and Cat 3 Females, Master 50+ Females and Juniors.
- 10:30 AM Registration closes for 11 AM starts
- 10:50 AM Riders meeting for 11 AM start
- 11:00 AM Start: Cat 1 Males, Cat 1 Females, Cat 2 Males, Cat 2 Females, Clydesdale's and Grand Masters 60+ Males
- Awards fore each race once finalized by USAC official.
Cliff is working on the course map as we speak...