The Down and Dirty Mountain Bike Series begins this weekend at the new Truman Lake Mountain Bike park. Registration opens at 8:00am on Sunday and closes at 9:30 am. More info contact Mac Vorce at parksrec at welcometowarsaw dot com
It looks like Missouri is going to have an "official" mountain bike championship after all. A great opportunity to qualify for the NORBA Nationals that will be held in Colorado for 2009....Here is the flyer link
Tuesday, May 19th, 5:30PM, about 60 minutes MARC headquarters, 600 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64105
I've been trying to explain to people just how important this meeting is, and it's not that easy. But let me try:
* MoDOT roads and policies are the biggest single impediment to better, safer bicycling and walking in Missouri.
* That's because MoDOT roads--lots of them--go right through our cities, and when they do they are usually the worst places for bicycling and walking.
* This meeting is with a group trying to build public support for future MoDOT funding--because MoDOT funding is about to be slashed by 60%.
* How can we support future MoDOT funding unless MoDOT is going to use that funding to provide for safe bicycling and walking, where needed, on (and across) their roads?
* We need PEOPLE--lot of them--to ask for that.
* And that's why we need YOU to come to this meeting Tuesday, May 19th, 5:30PM.
* It should only last 60 minutes and we'll have refreshments. If you can't make it just at 5:30 it's fine to come when you can.
Missouri Transportation Alliance public meeting about future MoDOT funding Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 5:30-6:30pm CDT 1st floor, Broadway Room Mid-America Regional Council 600 Broadway, Suite 200 Kansas City, MO 64105 Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can plan refreshments etc.- email@example.com or 816-695-6736
If you can't attend, please spend 5 minutes leaving a comment about the subject here:
Once again, the annual Wilson Lake Roller coaster MTB Race was a spectacle beyond anything imaginable in the state of Kansas. With lunar landscapes, rocky bluffs, Fruita-style cliff riding and treacherous descending, this 15 mile race course is off the hook! Race Promoter Doug Chambers pulls out all the stops in putting on a fine event with a Saturday hill climb and Sunday Cross Country Race. Kansas Trails Council member Bob Nicholson is the main man behind train design on this unique system.
Cow Town's Gerard Arantowicz won the Sport 19-39 hill climb with his teammate John Wagner placed 2nd in the Single speed Cross Country Race.
We are looking for 20 cyclists to participate in a study to determine maximal aerobic fitness and power output during 2 different riding positions.
Do I qualify?
• Males between the ages of 18 and 45 years of age • People who cycle a minimum of 50 miles per week • Able to attend two (2), 60-minute sessions at the University of Kansas Medical Center (KUMC) What would I have to do?
• Participate in 2 maximal effort cycling exercise tests (lasting about 25 minutes in length) on 2 separate days at KUMC • Able to provide individual bicycle and cycling shoes For More Information Contact:
It's that time of year to dust off your bike and walking shoes and start recruiting your friends, family and co-workers for Bike Week 2009! With dozens of events featuring *bicycle commuting, recreation, trails, fitness, etc. *- there's sure to be something for everyone.
* Classes on fixing your bike and riding it safely * Rest stops on your way to work * Press conference with KCMO Mayor Funkhouser * Car Free Weekends on Cliff Drive * KC Women on Wheels Bike Festival and Expo * Group rides for all skill levels
*How many car trips can you replace with bicycling, walking, or transit? *Whether to work or errands, keep of track of your trips and be eligible for great prizes. And we'll calculate your carbon emissions savings so you can see how your transportation choices impact the environment. Get a team together or go solo, just register online and get started today.