Sunday, March 30, 2008
Cowtown had a good showing at the race:
Shad Schreiner took the overall 1st place in the 3 hour solo.
Rich Anderson and Randy Cartwright took 1st place in the 6 hour duo.
Tige Lamb finished 4th in the 6 hour solo, 30 -39 class.
Mike Classen finished 5th in the 40+ class for the 3 hour solo
Other team members competing:
Gerard Arantowicz - 3 hour solo
Gill Armstrong teamed up with her brother in the 6 hour duo
Ashley Blum - designated cameraman (due to his broken wrist)
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The upgrade requirements for road and CX have been changed significantly. Please check them out in the USA Cycling Rulebook, either hard copy or online. You can also access the upgrade requirements via the discipline-specific pages of the USA Cycling website. The essential differences compared to last year are as follows:
- There is now a tiered scale of points based on how many participants were in the race. In some cases, this will make it easier to upgrade, especially in classes with small fields, but it will take more races to do so as the points are fewer.
- If road races do not meet the distance requirement to be considered a road race, they may still be long enough to be considered a criterium or circuit race. In that case there is a different points table to use, but points would still be available.
- The parameters for upgrading from 4 to 3 on experience alone have been modified
The new policy on upgrades can be seen at http://www.usacycli
Monday, March 17, 2008
Top Cow Town finishers of the day:
Shad Schreiner 1st Men's Cat 4
Tige Lamb 3rd Men's Cat 3
Congrats to the series champions:
- Cat 1/2 Men - Kris Tilford (Wheatland Cycling Team)
- Cat 3 Men - Brett Johnson (Bicycle Shack Racing)
- Cat 3 Women - Jennifer Herrell Rhoades ( KCOI Boulevard)
- Cat 4 Men - Shad Schreiner (Cow Town Cycling Team)
- Cat 4 Women - Jacqeline Denny (GP VeloTek)
- Cat 5 Men - Zach Dubas (KSU Cycling)
- Master 40+Men - Andy Lucas (360 Racing)
- Master 40+ Women - Glenda Taylor (Wheatland Cycling Team)
- Master 50+ Men - Dennis Weinbeck (Capps-Rebound)
- Master 60+ Men - Robert Brust (River City Racing Club)
Great pictures at Roger's House of Photo's
Last race and final series results at Kansas City Cross Results
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Roger Harrison had surgery to repair his ailing knee. From Roger "Due to the result of the surgery performed on the Lanterne Rouge this afternoon, the prognosis of a slow recovery will cause this Category Six rider to miss the start of the 2008 Tour De France. Local racers should be wary of any of his entries as he attempts to return to his elite status form by racing in the Kansas, and Missouri areas. The Lanterne Rouge's surgery, performed by the Veterans Administration, has proven the elite status of this hospital and their staff"
Cow Town Cycling's Ashley Blum was out training on the Landahl trails in preparation for the start of the 08' mountain bike racing season when he crashed on one of the many technical sections. A visit to the doctors office showed a broken bone in his wrist. When asked for a comment the only thing Ashly said was "Never try to keep up with Rich on Rim Job..."
We wish a speedy recovery to Roger Harrison and Ashley Blum.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Round #1 of the Midwest Fat Tire Championship series was held on Sunday under some very muddy conditions. The weather here in the Kansas City area has not been very good to us mountain bikers as of late...
The annual Ride with the Devil race turned into a muddy mess. An alternate course was used to allow the race to proceed eventually...
Top Cow Town riders:
Gill Armstrong - 3rd Expert Women
Craig Myers-Arenth - 6th Sport 40-49
Some cool photos by Andrew Slatter are on his Flicker site.
Race results are up at www.midwestfattireseries.com
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Cow Town had a strong showing thanks to Shad Schreiner as he won for the second week in a row. Chris Locke 'suffered like a dog' to take 8th in the Men's 3's and is looking forward to getting back into his element at the Spoke Pony.
Pictures at Roger's House of Photos.
Some early races results:
Joseph Schmaltz - 1st Men's 1/2
John Giles - 1st Men's 3
Shad Schreiner - 1st Men's 4
Complete race results.
Friday, March 7, 2008
A group is meeting Saturday morning at the Corps of Engineers office (10:00 a.m.) to begin planning and working on the alternate course.
Barb Miller, co-promoter, is still looking for volunteers. If you can help contact her at Cellobabeone@aol.com 573.424.1676
Monday, March 3, 2008
Congrats to our own Shad Schreiner for winning round #1 of That Dam Race.
Here are Roger's pictures from Perry Lake Series 1. -
Spring Fling results HERE.
Perry Lake RR (That Dam Race) result HERE.